The IVIG in Neurological Disease: 1st Asia Pacific Symposium (INDAPS) was held in Singapore on 24 - 25 November 2004 as a satellite symposium of the Asian & Oceanic Congress of Neurology (AOCN), 26 - 28 November 2004.
The IVIg in Neurological Disease: 2nd Asia Pacific Symposium (INDAPS) was held at Lilianfels, Katoomba, Australia, on the 3 and 4 November 2005, as a one and a half day satellite symposium to the WCN (5 - 11 November 2005).
Both INDAPS meetings in 2004 and 2005 were organised by the INDAPS Scientific Committee.
The INDAPS meetings in 2004 and 2005 provided an excellent opportunity to exchange ideas in both the professional and social forums. The symposia focused on:
- the use of IVIg in the treatment of neurological disorders
- dissemination of expert consensus statements regarding the use of IVIG in neurological disorders
- providing a forum for knowledge sharing and best practice
- new clinical and laboratory research in IVIG use.
The scientific program at both INDAPS meetings in 2004 and 2005 included:
- mechanisms of action of IVIg as they relate to autoimmune neurological disorders
- IVIG for Autoimmune Diseases of the Peripheral Nervous System
- an 'Ask the Expert' session
- poster and platform sessions.
A number of internationally renowned opinion leaders in neurology presented at past INDAPS meetings, including Professor Marinos DALAKAS (London, USA), Professor John POLLARD (Sydney, Australia), Professor Ed BYRNE (Melbourne, Australia) and Associate Professor Nobuhiro YUKI (Tochigi, Japan).
The INDAPS 2008 meeting continued this successful format.
A/Prof Associate Professor Andrew J. Kornberg
Chairman, Scientific Committee INDAPS